Have you ever wondered about the gifts of Mother Nature? Earth provides us with an abundance of sources that could solve our daily problems, and help us have a healthy life. One such source is Shilajit.
Shilajit is indeed a miracle on earth. However, there are many myths related to it that develop misconceptions in the mind of people regarding its uses and functions. It is usually seen as an ingredient that is just for sexual use to boost sexual hormones. While it is true but the benefits don’t end here. Shilajit is a very powerful compound and it has a wide range of uses and benefits.
What actually is Shilajit?
Shilajit is a natural substance also known as mineral pitch as it has a very high concentration of minerals and essentials for nutrition. Shilajit is formed when the plant and mineral compounds break down and undergo a long term compression within the rocks.
Shilajit is sticky and black. It is a tar, blackish substance like a resin which is decomposed in the mountain ranges of the Himalayas and Tibet as the plants and vegetation degenerated over a while.
Asia is the main source of Shilajit but these days you can find Shilajit in other continents and mountain ranges as well. China, Tibet, Nepal, and Myanmar are some of the South Asian countries exploring the benefits of Shilajit and extracting the most of it. No wonder, Shilajit is in such high demand.
Down the line: History of Shilajit
Shilajit is an ancient compound, having its Sanskrit meaning of “destroyer of weakness or the mountain conqueror”. It has been described as one of the very helpful and prominent medicinal source and a form of “Magical” in Indian Ayurvedic texts of “Bhrat Trayi” – Charaka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita and Astanga Hrdayam.
The scriptures describe the various benefits of Shilajit, which would help mankind. Shilajit is itself an all-rounder. Proper dosage of Shilajit in appropriate time is itself a solution, and can cure diseases A-Z.. Wherein if a healthy human takes it, energy boosts up like magic. Ayurveda has even termed Shilajit as one of the best rejuvenators.
Shilajit: Does Shilajit sold in different places differ from one another? Don’t let them trick you!
You must be thinking of whether Shilajit found in different regions differ from one another or not.
Moreover, People differ from one place to another, based on their regional background and vegetation.
The same goes with Shilajit. The purity and effectiveness of Shilajit depends upon the altitude, height, area and from which type of rock it is collected. Moreover, the sample techniques used to distract it from the rocks and how it is purified makes a major change. Subsequently you need to be careful of not being scammed by the sellers.
Shilajit is a darkish brown substance. The difference in colour is due to the variation of its source place and time being. Charaka Samhita mentions that you can find Shilajit in 4 major types or grades;
- Black iron
Among these, Gold grade is the top grade and is thus the most effective form of Shilajit, as almost all the required properties can be found. After these grades are purified the actual black tar or resin substance can be obtained.
Components of Shilajit:
Shilajit is nothing less than a miracle. The various essential elements and minerals in Shilajit boost not only metabolism but also help fight diseases. Shilajit contains calcium, sodium, potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, magnesium, and other vital macro-minerals.
Along with these amazing elements, there are other add on elements like iodine, iron, copper, zinc, selenium, and chromium.
Fun Fact: Shilajit contains more than 84 minerals that are indeed very beneficial to the human body.
Benefits of Shilajit : It’s shocking!
You will be mesmerized with Shilajit once it transforms your life. People do mock Shilajit, as it is mostly termed as a sex boosting element. But no, that’s not all it is about. Firstly, it does have a great impact on rejuvenating sex health. Moreover, it also –
- Enhances body metabolism
- Increases cells life
- Removes fatigue and dizziness
- Regulates the hormone production in the body
- Creates a better immune system
- Gives growth to brain cells
- Detoxifies unwanted acids and elements in our body
The benefits of Shilajit have no end:
Shilajit consists of two dominant active elements like that of Fulvic & humic acid. Fulvic is an organic antioxidant compound that helps in energizing, absorbing & rejuvenating minerals and boosting our immune system. On the other hand, humic acid stimulates immunity and helps in fighting infections and other viral diseases with no side effects.
Here’s a list of some major benefits of Shilajit.
- Alzheimer’s disease – Shilajit is a very powerful antioxidant, due to the presence of Fulvic acid and it has a higher value of ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) than other compounds like Blueberries or Noni. A research study in the year 2012 by the International Journal of Alzheimer’s disease, under the supervision of C. Gallardo is a proof. It helps in controlling the abnormal building of tau protein ( Tau proteins are a cluster of 6 highly soluble protein), furthermore, minimizing inflammation. All leads to improving the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
- Sickness from high altitude – Sickness is common in high altitudes as you encounter cold temperatures or low atmospheric pressure. The same Gallardo team found that people residing in high altitudes like that of Tibet and the Himalayan ranges could endure this kind of sickness as they took major amounts of Shilajit in their normal day to day lifestyles.
- Respiratory and digestive systems related problems – Shilajit also helps in the treatment of different problems related to chest like that of cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, cough, etc. Asthma, jaundice, enlargement of spleen and liver, gallstones, piles, digestive defects, and many more can be cured with proper dosage of Shilajit.
The role testosterone plays for men
- Shilajit helps a great deal in increasing the male infertility rate. It acts as a supplement and boosts sperm count and sperm mortality. Shilajit also increases sperm fertility and increases the testosterone level in the human body. Testosterone is one of a male hormone available in different levels among individuals. Some have less of it and others have it high, wherein low testosterone levels can lead to many problems like hair loss, insufficient sex drive, minimization of muscle mass, sometimes fatigue and an increase in the body fat level. Thus, Shilajit, being the miracle it is, solves it all.
- Anti-aging – Shilajit is a composition of different minerals and essential compounds; Shilajit is a cure to your aging. It not only helps in boosting cell lives but also lets them regenerate at a very fast rate.
Apart from the above uses, the benefits of Shilajit also include helping the HIV/AIDS patients, and heart patients. It should be noted that the proper dosage with the right timings should be consumed, but be careful of where and what you get. Additionally, proper purification method needs to be applied and performed under an expert’s supervision.
If you are still in doubt about the research works or study, here’s the solution. Go visit this eBook site.
DON’T GET TRICKED
In this modern world, where every individual is fighting for survival, people have lost their physical and mental fitness. And now that Shilajit is grossing and is in high demand, there come fake producers of it. Don’t let them trick you. Shilajit is indeed a very precious substance and needs appropriate guidance for purification. If not purified well it may lead to side effects. It could be difficult to digest and improper intake of Shilajit might be harmful. With proper guidance and consumption, you’ll find Shilajit very rich in minerals and nutrients. Originality needs to be kept in mind.